WHAT DO YOU CHARGE
- Depending upon the NUMBER of Musicians requested, TYPE of Special Event, and the LOCATION our rates begin
DO YOU TAKE CREDIT CARDS OR PAY-PAL?
- Sorry, we only accept checks or cash which keeps our rates so affordable!
HOW DO I RESERVE A DATE & TIME?
YOU PLAY FOR OUTDOOR WEDDINGS?
will typically send you a Confirmation Contract and request a nominal Deposit ($100- $150) to save your Special Date
WHAT DO YOU WEAR?
- YES! Outdoor Garden Marriage
Ceremonies are our Specialty!
- We all play
accoustical instruments, & have a portable electric keyboard which we use often outdoors as an accompaniment.
WHAT HAPPENS IF ONE OF YOUR MUSICIANS GETS SICK
OR CAN'T PLAY?
- We usually dress in our Professional Symphony All-Black attire.
- Outdoor Weddings in the summer
may require cooler Professional attire.
CAN YOU SEND
US A RECORDING OF YOUR PLAYING OR CAN I SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT TO HEAR YOU PLAY?
- Houston String Music has 24 Professional Musicians playing Cello, String Bass, Viola, Violin,
Vocal, Piano, Trumpet, Flute, Oboe, English Horn, Bagpipes, Trombone, Harp, Guitar, & Steel Drums all of whom play
together on a regular basis.
- We have no problem substituting players.
HOW DO WE KNOW IF YOU ARE STILL AVAILABLE FOR OUR DATE & TIME?
- When someone sends you a recording, you
have no idea who is actually playing.
- We have listened to some of these CD's which are floating
around, and (no surprise) they all sound like the same group!
- We receive HUNDREDS of requests for a recording per year. We are able to record our playing, of course, but
to send out several hundred Demo tapes or CD's per year is impossible.
- Our reference list includes many
'clients' as well as musical leaders in our community.
- Our practice sessions are not usually open to the public
as they are held on-the- lake where we go for recreation & relaxation.
- We understand your wanting to hear us play, of course and have often played over-the-phone
for people while we are practicing.
WE INQUIRED A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO ABOUT HAVING YOU PLAY FOR OUR WEDDING IN MARCH BUT NOW YOU TELL US THAT
YOU HAVE SCHEDULED OTHER WEDDINGS ON OUR DAY. WHY?
- When you make your initial inquiry, we check our Engagement
Calendar immediately and will get back with you within 24 hours.
- However, we obviously 'CANNOT HOLD' the Date & Time for you at this point (see below).
- To avoid disappointment, we explained with your initial inquiry, we cannot hold open your Date & Time
without your Confirmation Contract and a nominal Deposit of $100~.
- We are flexible and able to work with you but you need to confirm your Date & Time as soon as possible!