WHAT DO YOU CHARGE FOR PLAYING?
- Our fees begin at only $100 and depend upon the LOCATION of the Special Event.
DO YOU TAKE CREDIT CARDS OR PAY-PAL?
- Sorry, we only accept checks or cash which keeps our rates so affordable!
HOW DO I RESERVE A DATE & TIME?
will typically send you a Confirmation Contract and request a nominal Deposit ($100 - $150) to save your Special Date
DO YOU PLAY
FOR OUTDOOR WEDDINGS?
- YES! Outdoor Garden Marriage Ceremonies are our Specialty!
- We all
play accoustical instruments, & have a portable electric keyboard which we use often outdoors as an accompaniment.
WHAT DO YOU WEAR?
- We usually dress in our Professional Symphony Black/Dark attire.
- Outdoor Weddings in the summer
may require cooler Professional attire.
WHAT HAPPENS IF ONE OF YOUR MUSICIANS GETS SICK OR CAN'T PLAY?
- Houston String Music has 24 Professional Musicians playing Cello, String Bass,
Viola, Violin, Vocal, Piano, Trumpet, Flute, Oboe, English Horn, Bagpipes, Trombone, Harp, Guitar, & Steel Drums
all of whom play together on a regular basis.
- We have no problem substituting players.
CAN YOU SEND US A RECORDING OF YOUR PLAYING
OR CAN I SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT TO HEAR YOU PLAY?
- When someone sends you a recording, you have no idea who is actually playing.
have listened to some of these CD's which are floating around, and (no surprise) they all sound like the same group!
- We receive HUNDREDS of requests for a recording
per year. We are able to record our playing, of course, but to send out several hundred Demo tapes or CD's
per year is impossible.
- Our reference list includes many 'clients' as well as musical leaders in
- Our practice sessions are not usually open to the public as they are held on-the- lake where we
go for recreation & relaxation.
- We understand
your wanting to hear us play, of course:
- The majority of our clients
are referrals or they have heard us play at another event.
- We have played over-the-phone for people
while we are practicing.
- Some potential clients
have listened to us play 'live' at other events!
HOW DO WE KNOW IF YOU ARE STILL AVAILABLE FOR OUR DATE & TIME?
- When you make your initial inquiry, we check our Engagement Calendar
immediately and will get back with you within 24 hours.
- However, we obviously 'CANNOT
HOLD' the Date & Time for you at this point (see below).
WE INQUIRED A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO ABOUT HAVING
YOU PLAY FOR OUR WEDDING IN MARCH BUT NOW YOU TELL US THAT YOU HAVE SCHEDULED OTHER WEDDINGS ON OUR DAY. WHY?
avoid disappointment, we explained with
your initial inquiry, we cannot hold open your Date & Time without your Confirmation Contract and a nominal Deposit of $100-$150.
- We are flexible and able to work with you but
you need to confirm your Date & Time as soon as possible!